Wednesday, March 01, 2017

Moooo-ooom! He's on My Side of the House

I know you haven't heard from us in awhile. Life's been kind of chaotic. Mom worked a lot and she didn't have a lot of free time, nor, she said, inspiration for writing. I don't understand that. I should be all the inspiration she needs.

Things changed in the summer in a big way. Mom left Mija and I to take a "vay-kay-shun", whatever that is. We just know that this guy came over and fed us every day. He's okay. He knows how to open cans.

When she came back, she brought something with her.


His name is "Hamlet". He's little, or he was back in July. She said a friend of hers found him in a drain pipe trying to stay above water. That friend couldn't find him a home so mom said he could come live with us. Did she ask us? No. She said he rode back from Virginia under the front passenger seat of the car.

Well, I'm not sure about this. I try to have my own space but he finds me.


He has so much energy and a dignified lady like myself, just wants to amble through the house, sit on mom's lap and NOT be chased. I like to sit in the sunshine. I'm not interested in sharing it.


It seems Mija and I don't have veto power over whether he lives here so I guess we have to get used to this. Harumph.

(Mom's note:  Don't let her fool you. This was last week.


For all her haughtiness, Pilchard has gotten used to Hamlet faster than Mija has. I keep trying to get a video of the two of them playing, but she's wise to the sound of the camera. Mija still complains but Pilchard goes out of her way to find him when she wants a wrestle. The best part, having a kitten in the house has improved the health of both of them. They were a bit on the chunky side, but are now down to optimum weight, thanks to playing chase. He's also a love bug and they have noticed. I get both of them in my lap at night when I get home from work. Pilchard taught him about the camera. He knows it and ceases to be cute when I point it at him. Darned cats.)

Love,

Pilchard

4 comments:

Eastside Cats said...

OH! Welcome, Hamlet, to the Blogosphere! You are a cutie, and I hope that you continue to settle in with your housemates. You are a cutie!

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Hamlet is very cute! I'm glad to hear you are already pals with him, Pilchard... even though you don't want to actually admit it!

pilch92 said...

Nice to meet your new family member.

Mickey's Musings said...

WHAT? A new kitty playing with you and your mum is happy you lost weight?
We can't let mum see this post.
She'll want a kitten to get us in shape too :0
We must admit, Hamlet is cute.
Purrs Georgia,Julie and JJ